The Knights Templar built their first church in 1128 on donated land in the Holborn area of London, England. It was established by first Grand Master Hugh de Payens. The original temple was the first round church and the grounds also contained gardens, orchards and a cemetery. It became known as the Old Temple when the Templars later moved to a larger location to the south.
Knights Templar page